All are welcome to join us for a Christmas Eve service of “Lessons and Carols” at the Raquette Lake Chapel. The lessons and carols service consists of a series of scripture readings, each of which is followed by singing a familiar Christmas carol.”
- Time: 5 pm
- Date: December 24th, Christmas Eve!
Questions? You can contact us online via this Chapel website”
Here are some resources to help you prepare for and enjoy the Christmas season!
Advent Sunday Blasts
Have you read our Sunday Blasts?
- Christmas Day
- Christmas Eve Message 2022
- RLC-Sunday-Blast 12-18-2022 Advent 4. This is the last Sunday in the season of Advent. We read Luke 1:46-56, and are in awe of Mary’s response to being chosen by God to bear the Messiah in her famous song the “Magnificat.”
- RLC-Sunday-Blast-12-11-2022-Advent-3. For this week’s Advent theme – Joy – we look at Luke 1:39-45, the scene where a pregnant Mary visits Elizabeth who is pregnant with John (the Baptist). In this piece of scripture we see Joy demonstrated, by both Elizabeth and unborn John. The word “Joy” seems out of place these days. Maybe it is “too old,” “too stiff,” “too trite.” Frankly, I can’t remember the last time the word “joy” came from my mouth! For me, I think it has lost some of its meaning, its intent and intensity.
- RLC-Sunday-Blast 12-4-2022, Advent 2. As you may remember we started these recorded videos during the pandemic, when many people could not attend an in-person gathering in their faith communities. Thankfully, we have passed that time and can now gather in person.
However, several people have commented that they watch the evening prayer service during the week, when they feel the need for some quiet time. That is a great idea!
This week’s service is adapted from “Common Prayer: A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals,” and the reading is the lyrics to the Advent hymn “O Come Emmanuel.”
- RLC-Sunday-Blast 11-27-2022, Advent 1. Today begins the Advent season, the season of expectant waiting for the birth of Christ. For this Advent season and Christmas our “Sunday Blast” will look at different prophetic voices in the first two chapters of Luke’s gospel: Zechariah, the angel Gabriel, Elizabeth, Mary, Simeon, and Anna. Each week we will see how these prophetic voices express a theme, represented by the candles of the Advent wreath: hope, love, joy, and peace; and on Christmas, the Christ candle. For this first week we will hear about the angel Gabriel’s visit to Zechariah in verses taken from Luke 1:5-25, the birth of John the Baptist is foretold. May the spirit of the season be with you and may you have a blessed Advent!
Christmas Activities Crafts to do at home
Online Worship Services
Online services are available through YouTube, Click a link below to view a service directly. Subscribe today!